Sign In Forgot Password

About Us

 

Who We Are

Beth Ahabah Museum & Archives is Richmond's museum of Jewish history, art and culture. It is located in the Fan District of Richmond, in a 20th century row house, just east of the sanctuary building for Congregation Beth Ahabah.

Kahal Kadosh (k.K.) Beth Shalome (Holy Congregation, House of Peace) was the first Jewish Congregation in Virginia and the sixth in the United States. It was founded in 1789 in Richmond. K.K. Beth Ahabah (House of Love) was founded in 1841. The two congregations consolidated in 1898. Beth Ahabah preserved the histories of both congregations, and established an Archives committee in the 1950's. Beth Ahabah Museum & Archives was formally established in the late 1970's. It now interprets the history of the entire Jewish Community of Richmond through its archival collection and public exhibitions.

Our Mission

The Beth Ahabah Museum & Archives collects, preserves, and exhibits materials that relate to Jewish history and culture - with particular emphasis on Richmond, Virginia - so that Jewish history and culture may be documented, interpreted and passed on to future generations.

Officers and Board of Trustees

David Sacks, President
Terry Schultz, Secretary
Paul Ballonoff
Sharon Bassell
Robert Flax
Adrian Hammack
Josh Jeffreys
Judy Malloy
Meg Marshak
Helen Newpol
Nicole Sackley
Larry Salomon

Contact Us

Beth Ahabah Museum & Archives
1109 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220-3700

(804) 353-2668

bama@bethahabah.org

William Obrochta, Executive Director
Bonnnie Eisenman, Administrator/ Researcher
Amy Roberts, Administrative Assistant

 

Sun, March 24 2019 17 Adar II 5779